Developing learner agency through smart technology
Shaanxi Normal University, China
Call for Abstract
The 5th Pedagogy and Practice in Technology Enhanced Language Learning (PPTELL 2022) will be held as an online conference by Shaanxi Normal University and the PPTELL Association. It is an international conference to bring together researchers, educators, and practitioners to share their perspectives and research on the theory and/or application of state-of-the-art uses of technology to enhance language learning. PPTELL 2022 aims to promote intra-disciplinary and interdisciplinary dialogues and collaboration between academia and the global e-learning industry and to enhance progress in TELL.
The theme of PPTELL 2022 is “Developing learner agency through smart technology.” This year will focus on using smart technology to help language learners become autonomous learning agents who can determine their own learning goals, make learning plans, and strengthen the plans with appropriate language learning tools. The autonomous language learners will monitor their learning process and make adjustments based on their learning status through smart technology. We invite all submissions on the concerns of TELL but especially those that connect with our theme for the year.
Topics of interests include, but are not limited to:
PPTELL 2022 sincerely invites extended abstract submission within 500 words that shows originality based on theoretical or practical works focusing on global connectivity in technology-enhanced language learning with the following topics related to the theme—Developing learner agency through smart technology, but are not limited to:
- Theoretical foundations of autonomous learning in smart environments
- Cognitive and emotional states detection and visualization in learning
- Educational data mining for learner behaviors in smart environments
- Learning analytics for learner behaviors in smart environments
- Adaptivity and personalization for autonomous learning in smart environments
- Autonomous learning in Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality, or Mixed Reality
- Autonomous learning in Game-Based Learning
- Autonomous learning in mobile Learning
- Autonomous learning in collaborative learning
- Emerging smart technologies for autonomous language learning
- Instructional support for autonomous language learning in smart environments
- The roles of a teacher in autonomous language learning
- Evaluations for autonomous learning in smart environments
Types of submissions
The PPTELL 2022 conference features two types of presentations.
- Oral presentation:
The presentations should report on original research related to TELL. The duration of a presentation is 20 minutes, including time for discussion.
- Poster presentation:
Presentations should contain images and information that attendees can read and which can be explained by the presenters. The duration of a poster session is one hour. Presenters should be present for the duration of their scheduled time.
A submitted abstract is restricted to 500 words. The due date of abstract submission is
January 31, 2022 February 16, 2022 March 1, 2022. Authors will receive the notification with reviewers’ comments by February 28, 2022 March 16, 2022. Abstracts should be submitted in both MS Word and PDF formats online to Upload abstract (in PDF version / MS Word version). Please sign up to the system and upload your abstract following the instructions provided. Please note that this Upload abstract link does NOT connect to the conference registration system. This means that you would have sign up twice with the same username and password. We apologize for the inconvenience that may have caused.
Prior to submission, please read and follow the conference templates (PDF version / MS Word version) carefully. Submissions must not be published previously. All the submissions will be double-blind peer-reviewed. The review will focus on whether the work is original and is of good quality through theoretical and empirical methods.
- Deadline for Abstract Submission:
January 31, 2022 February 16, 2022March 1, 2022
- Notification of Abstract Acceptance:
February 28, 2022March 16, 2022
- Deadline for Early Registration:
March 20, 2022March 31, 2022
- Conference Dates: July 1 ~ 3, 2022
For questions regarding this submission, please contact PPTELL 2022 at email@example.com.
Expanding your horizons through PPTELL 2022
PDF-Call for abstract